One of my favorite childhood treats were Push-Ups which I would get from the ice cream truck. So, when I saw this recipe for Orange PushUp Smoothies from Love Veggies and Yoga, I just knew I had to try it!
- 1 can orange juice concentrate, slightly thawed (If you can find Hawaii’s Own Mango-Orange concentrate)
- 1 cup milk (half and half, cream, nut milk, soy milk)
- 1/2 cup sugar, or to taste (Many people use much more than 1/2 cup, myself included. I used about 1 cup in my version)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups ice, or to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except ice, in a large blender and blend until smooth and creamy, taking care the sugar has dissolved and is well incorporated. If desired, add a splash more water or more milk. Add the ice and blend until smooth.
- Makes approximately three eight-ounce portions.
Tips: Pour excess portions into glasses and thaw later and drink as smoothies; pour excess into bowls and freeze for orange sherbet; or pour into Popsicle molds, paper cups, or ice cube trays and freeze for homemade Push-Ups. Or halve the recipe by cutting the can of orange juice concentrate in half and halving all other ratios.
Recipe and Picture Courtesy of Love Veggies and Yoga!