Nan Far Woodworking has issued a recall on their Drop-Side Cribs due to entrapment, suffocation and fall hazards. This recall includes Rockland Furniture brand cribs which were imported and sold by JC Penney between 2005 – 2008. The following drop-side cribs are included in this recall:
- 343-8124 Nightingale Spindle Drop-Side Crib
- 343-8280 Cottage Standard Drop-Side Crib Version 1
- 343-8271 Cottage Standard Drop-Side Crib Version 2
- 343-9105 Drop-Side Crib and Changer
- 343-8191 Renew Standard Drop-Side Crib
- 343-8192 Renew Convertible Drop-Side Crib
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled cribs and contact Nan Far Woodworking for a free repair kit that will immobilize the drop side. In the meantime, find an alternate, safe sleep environment for the child such as a bassinet, play yard or toddler bed depending on the child’s age.
For additional information, contact Nan Far Woodworking at (877) 967-5770 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or visit the firm’s website www.rocklandimmobilizationkit.com.
Go here to read the full CPSC press release.